An external charcoal filter may also be used in series with the external water filter and should be installed on the instrument side of the external water trap filter. The charcoal filter is used when known or suspected levels of H2S, hexane, propane, or other non-methane hydrocarbons exceeding one hundred ppm. Presence of these gases can affect the methane channel by indicating artificially high concentrations of methane. The charcoal filter needs to be condition with Calibration gas before use.
- Measures methane (0-100%), carbon dioxide (0-100%), oxygen (0-25%), carbon monoxide (0-2000ppm), hydrogen sulfide (0-500ppm), static pressure and differential pressure
- Calculates balance gas, flow (SCFM) and calorific value (KW or BTU)
- High Accuracy and Fast Response Time
- Certified intrinsically safe for landfill use
- Measures methane (CH4) from 0.5 ppm to 100% concentration.
- Built-in pump with 0.6 to 1 liter/minute flow rate.
- Built-in GPS with 2 to 4 meters accuracy.
- Bluetooth capability.
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with up to 10 hour runtime.
- IP65 / NEMA4 enclosure protection level.
- Includes SEMsoft software package.
NOTICE: The SEM5000 requires methane and zero air gases for each rental.