The Sm.OIL oil/water interface meter has the same functionality of our H.OIL oil/water interface meter. This compact unit only comes in one tape length (20m or 60’) on a small hand held frame designed for easy portability. The premium padded carry case comes included to protect your precision instrument from the elements.
The Sm.OIL is used to measure the interface level between two liquids in the same tank, vessel, well or aquifer. The dissimilar density of two liquids means the lower density, non-conductive product (LNAPL) will float on top of the higher density, conductive liquid (water). Denser products will tend to sink (DNAPL), creating a layer under the water.
The hydrocarbon resistant Kynar jacketed, high tensile steel core tape is able to withstand hydrocarbons, solvents and other harsh contaminants. The CSA intrinsically safe certificationmakes the Sm.OIL ideal for use in hazardous environments by Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical Industries.
- Certified – Intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards, class 9098-1 or 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations and Class I groups A,B,C and D
- Detects LNAPL and DNAPL
- Ability to measure product layer as thin as 1mm (1/200ft)
- Grounding Lead
- Electronic Module (IP65) – Automatic shut off after 10 minutes, removable for easy cleaning and servicing. Circuits and components are potted to protect from moisture and dust intrusion
- Probe (IP68) – fully pressure/depth rated*, 19mm (0.74”) field replaceable
- Steel Tape – high tensile steel, jacketed with Kynar, high break strength, stretch resistant and lifelong legibility – markings in metric (mm) or engineering scale (1/100’)
- Steel Tape Certified/Compliant to – ASME B89.1.7-2009 & MIL-STD-45662A Certified, FED GGG-T-106F & EEC Class II Compliant
- Padded Carry Case – to protect your precision oil water interface meter from the elements
- Hanger – built in, to support the meter at the well head, allows for hands free deployment
- Handle – soft comfort foam grip
- Winding Handle – custom made for easy rewinding with gloved hands