- Detects ferromagnetic objects only (iron and steel).
- Only responds when probe or object is in motion.
- Designed to locate survey markers, pipes, valves, well casings, septic tanks and more.
|Title||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Fisher FX-3 Ferro Magnetic Probe Rental||$25.00||$80.00||$240.00|
The FX-3 FERRO PROBE is a precision state-of-the-art differential induction magnetometer designed to locate survey markers, pipes, valves, well casings, septic tanks and a variety of other ferromagnetic objects. It is also used by relic and treasure hunters to seek out buried objects far beyond the reach of ordinary metal detectors also use it. The FX-3 is similar to other magnetic locators in that it has two sensors, which respond only to the magnetic field of ferromagnetic objects, ignoring all other materials (copper, aluminum, brass, etc.).
It also has three very significant differences:
- The FX-3 is a “motion” detector. It responds only when it (or the target) is in motion.
- The FX-3 “nulls” over targets. As a target is approached, the output tone increases in volume and pitch then momentarily disappears as it passes over the target.
- The FX-3 costs less. Less to manufacture, less to purchase and less to use. Advanced solid state techology combined with Fisher engineering has made possible a one knob, one battery locator so reliable that it’s backed by a 2 year warranty.
Advanced, solid-state technology combined with Fisher engineering has made possible a reliable one knob, one battery locator. Fisher Research Laboratory has been producing rugged, high quality metal detectors longer than any company in the world. The FX-3 is a product of that proud heritage.
- Fisher FX-3 Ferro Magnetic Probe
- Carrying Case
- Spare Batteries
- User Manual
Ferromagnetic only (iron and steel)
9V Alkaline (NEDA 1604)
0 to 122°F (-18 to 50°C)
36" (91 cm)
Audio, 42 ¼” (5.7cm) diameter speaker or headphones