- A microcomputer provides automated analysis of the samples at the touch of a button.
- Dynamic ranging provides analysis from 0mg/l-200mg/l without manual switching.
- The use of an S-316 extraction solvent ensures the highest levels of oil particle stability.
- A digital display eliminates the misreading of analysis results. A visual display alerts users to the unit's operating status.
- The use of a proprietary syringe ensures a fixed amount of sample water and solvent
This item is no longer available.
The OCMA-310 is an automated portable unit for monitoring oil content in both fresh water and saltwater. The one-touch monitoring process is fully automated, from sample extraction to analysis and sample expulsion. The OCMA-310 utilizes an S-316 extraction solvent to ensure superior oil particle stability and infrared absorptiometry for sample analysis. Using 0mg/l -200mg/l dynamic ranging, the unit is capable of analyzing both high and low concentrations. The OCMA-310 provides swift, highly accurate analysis of the oil content of both fresh water and saltwater as well as that of such fluids as those found at factories and wastewater treatment plants.
The two valve system lets you make sure that your sample is measured properly. Inject your sample and press the extract button to initiate mixing and separation. You can visually confirm mixing and separation through the sample window. Open the upper valve (extraction valve), and the sample will flow into the measuring cell. An oil/water separation filter prevents water from entering the cell. An overflow system discharges any excess sample. The lower valve (drainage valve) allows you to drain the sample after it has been measured.
0 - 200 mg/l Dynamic Range
The OCMA-310’s pyro-electric sensor gives you a full dynamic range from 0-200 mg/L. This eliminates the need for range-switching and provides fast, accurate measurements for all types of samples, regardless of concentration levels.
The OCMA-310 warms up in less than 30 minutes, enabling you to get started quickly.
No Optical Adjustments
The troublesome optical adjustments commonly required by conventional pneumatic NDIR analyzers are no longer necessary.
Auto Hold Function
The unit’s internal computer automatically determines when the measured value has stabilized and maintains that value on the display.
The OCMA-310 monitors itself for problems such as motor malfunction, deterioration of the measuring cell’s light source, and electrical trouble. Should anything out of the ordinary occur, an alarm light will turn on, and an appropriate error message will appear on the operation display panel.
Oil / Water Separation Filter
The OCMA-310 is equipped with an oil/water separation filter which prevents water and dirt from entering the measuring cell. This prevents the cell from being damaged, while insuring that the sample being measured is not contaminated.
- Environment: Surveying water quality and hazardous waste sites
- Industry: Monitoring wastewater influent and effluent
- Marine transportation: Checking bilge and ballast discharge
- Petroleum processing: Monitoring the efficiency of oil/water separation processes
- Oil depots: Monitoring the discharge produced when cleaning storage tanks
- Automotive: Monitoring waste-water discharge from service stations
- Quality Assurance: Measuring residual oil on textiles and metal parts
Solvent extraction, NDIR analysis (Infrared spectroscopy)
0mg/l ~ 200mg/l dynamic ranging
0 to 99.9 mg/L; 0.1 mg/L
0 to 9.9 mg/L; ± 0.2 mg/L ± 1 digit
One touch calibration after the calibration standard is introduced to the instrument
Sample / Solvent Volume
20 mL, ratio of sample to solvent is 2:1.
Built-in extractor for oily water samples
Measured value; 3 digits LCD with backlight Message; Character display LCD with back-light (16×2 characters)
Data memory up to 50 data, Self diagnostics, Stable type display, Interactive operation, Calendar clock
RS-232C, parallel printer port Option: Analog output 0 to 200 mg/L;0 to 1 V
0 to 40 ℃
100 to 120 V AC ±10%,50/60 Hz, 80 VA
Approx. 7 kg