Thanks for your interest in Enviro-Equipment, Inc. As employment positions become available the details of the position will be provided below. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Electrical-Mechanical Technician
Company: Enviro-Equipment Inc.
This position offers you the opportunity to showcase your unique abilities and skills, and to handle a variety of projects from beginning to completion. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. This is a full time, long term position. The environmental industry is growing, offering more job security than many other industries today.
Enviro-Equipment, Inc., a woman-owned small business founded in 1993, rents, sells, and manufactures environmental monitoring equipment used for pollution control, groundwater remediation, water and wastewater treatment, safety and industrial hygiene, and environmental assessment. Located in Pineville NC, we offer environmental sampling supplies, safety products, equipment repair, and training. Enviro-Equipment's customers include colleges and universities, government agencies, industrial facilities, and environmental consultants.
We manufacture custom, turn-key vacuum blower systems, compressor systems and UL listed control panels. For more information about our remediation services, please see our New Remediation Equipment Page.
Enviro-Equipment offers a competitive salary/benefits package, including health insurance, continuing education program, simple matching IRA, paid vacation and holidays. Enviro-Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a smoke-free policy extending to any part of the company property including vehicles. A pre-employment assessment, background check, and occupational physical is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Regular preventive maintenance for rental remediation systems including compressors, pumps, blowers and electrical service/control circuitry.
- General preventive maintenance of any remediation equipment including pumps, valves, filters, blowers, compressors, and other equipment, on an as-needed basis.
- Working as part of a team to custom build and assemble remediation system trailers and buildings. System assembly includes plumbing/piping, bending conduit, and pulling wire from the control panel through the conduit. Also terminating the wires at various motors, pumps, fans, lights, and heaters. Mechanical work includes mounting blowers, motors, pumps, fans, lights, and heaters, and some fabrication of skids and brackets.
- Perform QA/QC tests on remediation systems prior to shipment to customer, and prepare systems for shipment.
- Troubleshooting malfunctioning systems including rebuilding pumps and blowers, and troubleshooting electrical control circuits.
This position requires you to:
- Have good communication skills both written and verbally, as this position interacts regularly with other employees and occasionally with customers.
- Have 5 years or more experience wiring electrical control panels. (PLC and VFD experience is a plus. Intrinsically safe circuitry experience is a plus. Familiarity with UL 508 and 698 code is a plus. Ability to read drawings or schematics and editing drawings in AutoCAD is a plus).
- Have 5 years or more experience with industrial electrical wiring (NEC, NFPA and UL codes) from a control or service panel to lighting, exhaust fans, heaters, switches, solenoid valves, motors, pumps, blowers, etc. (Class 1 Div 2 Hazardous Location wiring experience is a plus. Low voltage, intrinsically safe and DC wiring experience is a plus. NC Electrical License is a plus, but not required).
- Have 5 years or more experience with plumbing SCH 80 PVC and SCH 40 Galvanized Steel piping to blowers, pumps and manifold systems.
- Have basic carpentry skills.
- Have basic welding skills.
- Basic knowledge of gasoline and diesel engines.
- Have 5 years of experience refurbishing or rebuilding pumps, compressors and blowers.
- Have extreme attention to detail.
- Have good problem solving skills.
- Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Have a very high energy level.
- Be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time in NON climate controlled warehouse or outdoor setting.
- Be able to travel occasionally.
- Be extremely dependable.
- Enjoy a smoke free work environment.
- Have a positive can do attitude, work well with others, and take pride in your work.
Please respond with your resume to email@example.com. Do not call or apply in person.